Monday, December 14, 2009

But why?

It's been a fun month getting everything ready for Christmas. Olivia got all dressed up to go see Santa and it went well, as the picture shows. The next night, we had to go back to the mall for something and when she saw Santa there again, she wanted to go talk to him again. So we did and he said, "So do you want anything more then what you told me yesterday?" It was funny and nice to know that someone else thinks she has a memorable face. The tree and all of the decorations seem to be safe with her around. She likes to have them around but nothing is getting pulled down or played with.

We have quickly moved into the "Why?" stage. I try to have my creative juices flowing each and every day when I answer the endless string of why's but it is exhausting.

She still loves to sing and dance right now. She is usually awake in her crib for about an hour talking to herself and singing every song she knows before she actually falls asleep. I really wish there was some sort of dance class we could sign her up for but they all seem to start when the kids are 3 years old. So her dance career will just have to wait a little longer. Until then, I'll just have to dance home school her. She still loves to read too. The other night from her crib, I heard her say over and over again, "Baby Jesus is here, Baby Jesus is here." I was tempted to go into her bedroom because let's be honest, if Baby Jesus was really there, I wanted to see him. But I realized it was the last line of a book that Aunt Sharon and Uncle Greg got her. The painters are coming next week to paint the spare bedroom that will be hers soon to make room for the new baby. She seems really excited about it so we'll see how all of those changes go.

Speaking of the new baby, the pregnancy is going very well. We just had an ultrasound that showed everything looking good. We had the option of knowing the sex of the baby at this ultrasound but we officially turned down the offer. Olivia went to a routine ob appt with me and she seemed to really enjoy being with me through everything that was going on until they listened for the baby's heartbeat over the monitor. Then she got a little freaked out like that noise should not be coming from my belly.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and we'll be sure to take lots of pictures to share.

1 comment:

  1. Super Cute! Glad to know she warmed up to Santa this year. Oh and guess what--we're having a boy!!

    ReplyDelete