Thursday, March 18, 2010

We're very busy people!!!!!

I never said I was going to be good at this blogging thing. I just promised some pictures from time to time. Sorry! I've heard from enough of you so here's your update. In my defense, we've been very busy getting ready for Olivia's little sister or brother. The room is painted, the furniture is ordered and Olivia's imaginary baby is doing great. They eat together, they go on the swings together, they play together....so far, she has really embraced the idea of having someone else around. We'll see what happens when we can't just forget that he/she exists for awhile. Cute story...she and I were walking down the stairs the other week and Olivia said, "Let me hold your hand, Mommy, so that the baby doesn't fall out." If only labor was going to be that easy.

We took Olivia bowling for the first time. She had a great time and we learned her attention span....about 4 frames. As you can see from the pictures, they have a little ramp that the kids can roll the balls down so it's not like she was hurling 14 lb balls down the alley but it was a good time.

After being dumped on with snow one more time (see pics), the weather has really turned around. As Olivia told me yesterday, "It is really lovely out here!" So we've been playing outside a lot. Like I said, she gets on the swings with her "baby" and when the neighbor's kids came over and hopped on the swing that "baby" was supposedly on, I looked at Olivia and said, "Uh-oh, is baby alright?" She said, "It's OK, she hopped off and she's on the slide now. She's safe."

The big news....and I don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched, I just want you to all say a little potty prayer....we're working on potty training. I read about this 4 day aggressive process and bought into it hook, line and sinker so I put it into motion just this past weekend! The first part of the day one was rough. And wet! But then all of a sudden, while I was on the phone disputing a charge on my credit card, Olivia gave me a look and said, "Just a little came out." So we ran for it and when she sat down, the flood gates opened. It was the most exciting thing and seeing both of our reactions, you would have thought that we won the lottery. We screamed, clapped, hugged and of course got "treats" for finally getting it right. We'll see how it goes. Again, please say a little prayer for us. (Oh sure, I should be asking God for peace on Earth and shelter and safety for the people of Haiti but let's be honest with our priorities, people!)

At this rate, I may be updating when we are a family of 4 but hopefully, I'll give you one more post before then.

1 comment: